December Blog Hop - Christmas Decorations

Hi everyone!  Hope you are more organised than me.  As usual, still loads of cards to make!  You should be joining me from Uma's blog, if you missed it or are hopping backwards use the following link  https://asenseofuma.blogspot.com/2017/12/christmas-decorations.html


I decided to make a card holder,I made it by CASEing Hayley Shaher's wooden plaques.  I have been wanting to make a card holder like this for ages and this seemed like the perfect excuse (I hope it counts as a decoration, though!!). 

I bought the wooden plaque from Hobbycraft, then sponged with white acrylic paint. 



Once dry I used the Carols of Christmas suite to finish.
I stamped the 'Deck the Halls' sentiment and baubles using Smoky Slate. 


I decided to add some glitter by die-cutting the baubles from glitter card and using dimensionals to stick them on.

I decided something was missing, but couldn't decide what to do.  I used the die from the 'Little Loves' thinlits to create leaves from Emerald Envy cardstock and added some pearls as mistletoe and some extras too.  I can't make up my mind though.


                     Finally I added the strip at the bottom on which to hang cards with pegs.
                                                           Here is the final piece!!





I hope you liked my decoration, for more ideas and lovely projects click the following to hop ahead to the lovely Sarah-Jane.  Have an amazing Christmas! 



Comments

  1. Absolutely love this Lynn what a fab idea. I still have a plaque I need to do something with so may give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW another amazing Christmas item that I need to make! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great idea.... absolutely love it... And you have just sparked off an idea (along similar lines) to try in my head...wonder if I can make before Christmas this year! I do hope so.... you will be the first to know if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab way to hang all your cards! Great idea, tfs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - beautiful and functional, the best kind of craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What a great idea. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that's a great idea. I like your instructions too, I feel like I could give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea! I love your stage by stage photos too, I am going to pop this on my list of things to make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jem's Blog Hop - February

Jem's January Blog Hop

Jem's Blog Hop - May - 'Sad to See You Go!' & 'So Glad You're Staying!'